About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious and motivated Construction Manager focused on project management to join our fast-paced operations and expansion team! This role is for someone who wants to be part of an exciting start-up, solving complicated challenges that touch everyday consumers.
As an Construction Manager, you are responsible for managing projects from design development to breaking ground for construction. You will be the bridge between designers, customers, city planners, and construction partners to ensure a smooth permit submission & approval experience. You will report directly to our Head of Operations and will support all aspects of the design and permitting process.
At this early stage of the business, you’ll learn how to design a streamlined operations process, become an expert in our products while building skills in presentation, communication, planning, and operations. You will develop lasting relationships with our city and builder partners.
What You’ll Do
- Project management — lead multiple concurrent ADU projects from start to finish; managing cross functional stakeholders throughout the process.
- Permit submission — compile all required documents in compliance with local planning and building codes to minimize permitting timelines.
- Permit monitoring — ensure timelines are met by all parties involved and projects are delivered on time or ahead of schedule.
- Process design — develop playbooks to automate workflows and increase efficiency throughout the process; design the future of operations at Cottage.
- Relationship development — work with city officials to launch projects and build long-term relationships.
- Special projects — collaborate with the founding team to help build Cottage from the ground up – make meaningful contributions to our business strategy, culture, and homeowner experience.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience in project management, architecture, construction, urban planning or operations in an early stage or high-growth tech environment
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for the details
- Hustle, ambition, and a competitive drive to hit and exceed goals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively – you’ll be managing multiple projects simultaneously
- An excitement to build new processes that grow and scale with us.
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous (but fun!) work environment
- Passion for real estate, architectural design, and home improvement!